02 January 2023

Update no.1094

 Update from the Sunland

No.1094

26.12.22 – 1.1.23

Blog version:  http://heartlandupdate.blogspot.com/

 

To all,

 

Happy New Year!

 

Just when we thought (or at least I thought) we might be seeing the light at the end of a very dark tunnel that is the sad era of the person who shall no longer be named, we have begun to see his political offspring popping up all over. One of the worst examples has come to us in the form of Representative-elect George Anthony Devolder Santos of New York, who was recently elected in the 3rd District—north-central Long Island. We learned that Santos outright lied about everything in his biography (resume). His lies were not in a little typo sort of manner, but rather in huge, virtually the whole thing, kinda way. So much of his biography was blatantly false we have to question everything even his very name. Do we really know his name is actually George Santos?  Is that fraudulent as well?

He obtained his election by fraud. If anyone of us had lied on our resume like he did, oh hell at just a mere fraction of what he did, we would be fired for cause in an instant. There is no one to challenge his fraud except the law. He must be charged, tried, convicted and sent to prison for what he has done. It is my understanding that a criminal fraud investigation has been opened and his campaign finance disclosure is being scrutinized.

As bad as Santos was, why did not the Press research this man earlier? The fBICP probably knew of his falsehoods but chose to ignore them because he was one of them.

To me, this sort of fraudulent behavior and especially on the magnitude of this crime, we have only one person to blame— the person who shall no longer be named. He has pitched fake news just like his worthless snake-oil elixir, blasting anyone and everyone who does not speak or write glowingly glorious words about him as fake news. He has set the standard of conduct, and he continues to reinforce the new standard with his persistence in the BIG LIE. Yet, despite the offensive behavior, the far greater tragedy is the fBICP will defend Santos because they need his vote, and he will vote the way they want because he will be grateful for their support in pulling him out of the pickle he got himself into. The whole damn thing is nauseatingly disgusting commentary on American politics.

 

Comments and contributions from Update no.1093:

Comment to the Blog:

“I’ve survived another ‘season of giving’ without major damage. I look forward to ending 2022.

“We shall see whether Merrick Garland and Jack Smith have the backbone to go after the most important criminal they will ever face. I’d be glad to see the other offenders you named finally get their just deserts.

“Legal documents often use synonyms for writers’ reasons. ‘Legally dubious’ and ‘unlawful’ are near synonyms, with different connotations.

“Any political party wants to control the political narrative. Musk wants to control everything.”

My response to the Blog:

Thank goodness for small blessings. After three years of pandemic, a lying, insurrectionist, former president, and Russian naked hegemonic aggression in Ukraine, I am ready for a brighter New Year as well.

I do not think I would have chosen the adjective ‘important’ in this context. ‘Prominent’ might be a better word choice. I do agree. That man is not going to go quietly into the night. I would not be surprised in the slightest, if once charges are filed and a court & judge are assigned for the trial, he may try to mobilize his minions to overwhelm the court and judicial system to obstruct or interfere with any trial, i.e., make the trial process a graphic shitshow. I believe a bunch of insurrectionists in Congress, e.g., Jordan, Gaetz, Green, Biggs, Gosar, et al, should be charged, tried, convicted and imprison for what they did to enable the insurrection. I also think they should face the same 14th Amendment, Article 3 disqualification from public office. H.R.7906 is an attempt to do just that. Yes, the “one man” at the root of it all must be tried, convicted, and sent to prison for a very long time, and I do not mean one of those minimum-security facilities. He should be confined in a Super Max incommunicado, never to be heard from again until his death is recorded.

Yes, indeed! In hindsight, I do not think I answered his query. “How can it be legally dubious but also unlawful?” I should have said, there are many laws that do not define due process and punishment. Case in point, the 14thAmendment, Article 3. It states that insurrectionists should not hold public office, but it does not establish due process to charge, try, convict and punish insurrectionists. To me, that is dubious law, and yet I see the meaning as clearly and emphatically unlawful—morally if not legally. The HSCJ6 recommended specific legislation to clarify and defined the criminal charge of insurrection and the consequences like any other crime.

Thank you. That was what I wanted to say. Every spin doctor for any reason including the political arena would advocate to control the political narrative. The implication is the article is suppression of free speech. I do not see it that way. I think the fBICP advocates for anything goes—no rules, while the Democrats are seeking some form of propriety.

 . . . Round two:

“I’ll use ‘important’ to describe 45POTUS. Nasty or not, he was elected president. That made him important. I note again that he is old, unhealthy, and under great stress. Thus, he could easily die suddenly. A lingering illness would be worse for both him and the country. I can’t even guess what will happen to the lesser villains.

“The political narrative ought to be balanced by a free press and by other voices than the parties. However, oligarchs owning outlets and the nature of social media have thrown monkey wrenches into that process.

“Have a good and/or productive day,”

 . . . my response to round two:

Your choice, my friend. Freedom is a glorious thing. Yes, he was 45POTUS. The office deserves respect, but he did not respect the office he was elected to serve. He urinated on everything. The man did not respect the office; I do not respect him. Yes, he could die instantly, as each of us might. I do not care how ill he may be—physically, mentally, or emotionally. That conman huckster deserves to spend his remaining days as a guest of We, the People.

I absolutely agree with your assessment of the political landscape. We are in a transition period where we try to come to grips with the new terrain, kind of like other technology advances, e.g., telegraph, railroads, airline travel, Internet, et al. Newspapers are still adjusting. Our processing of information is still evolving. Whether we can eventually clean this mess up and preserve our freedoms and rights is yet to be seen.

My days continue to be productive. I am finishing up chapter 10 of To So Few – Victory, the 11th book of the TSF series. Good production for me.

 . . . Round three:

“I never said 45POTUS was worthy of respect. I said he was important; that’s not the same. If he dies or falls severely ill, he escapes trial.”

 . . . my response to round three:

Your choice; I spoke my peace.

I suppose Hitler, Putin, Mao Tse Tung, et al, are important in this context. I simply struggle with that recognition. To me, he (they) are no different from Al Capone or Bernie Madoff. Hitler did good things, but his bad things vastly overshadow the good . . . kinda like 45POTUS.

I do not want him to escape trial. I want (we need) him to feel the humiliation of prison for what he has done. History needs it. We need the silence of his imprisonment.

 

Another contribution:

“Good day young man. Thanks for your new year wishes, yes we have a lot of concerns in this world of ours. The world that we humans are still capable of destroying.

“Seriously Cap the statements you have forwarded to us sound very much like the end for a certain individual, but seriously will he accept these charges as we would or again will he claim they are dishonesties and falsehoods? Is there any future in these accusations? Many of us hope so but he is as devious as a rattle snake if a jam jar. Keep your eyes open bud.”

My reply:

Oh my, yes . . . we have ample worries. We can always hope that one day we, as a species, will mature and find a way to identify and constrain bad men before they can inflict such destruction on the common good. There is always hope . . . until there isn’t.

Yes, the news from and around that man is frightening. Worse, his penchant for lying and false statements is spreading to other politicians who believe his conduct was acceptable. I fully expect charges to come soon. He will delay and obstruct progress to a trial. Once he is in the dock, he will do everything he can to make a mockery and spectacle of the proceedings. As I wrote earlier, his character suggests he may make another pass at a coup d’état focused on the Judiciary. This phase will take years to complete, but I must say I hope he lives and I live to make more history as he enters a maximum security prison for the rest of his days. We will gain a small semblance of peace. He has too many minions and consumers of his snake-oil to hope for silence, but we can chip away at the nonsense he spews on We, the People.

Yes, he will vomit his usual “I’m the victim” drivel. We must listen and confront. I remain confident the methodical judicial due process will grind through his gibberish to the end. I expect he will eventually feel the full weight of justice for what he has done.

Yes, my friend. Semper vigilans et Semper Fidelis.

 

My very best wishes to all.  Take care of yourselves and each other.

Cheers,

Cap                  :-)

2 comments:

Calvin R said...

Good Monday, Cap,

Happy New Year!

George Santos wasn’t vetted at all. Just to make politics more fun, the Republicans are splitting over who gets to be Speaker of the House. Hmmmm

I’ve had a “passing” thought several times now. The eloquent words of the Declaration of Independence are not law, but the Preamble to the Constitution is part of the ultimate in US law. Those stated purposes directly oppose the current trend in POTUS rulings. Shouldn’t they guide the Court in its specific actions? How could we use that?

Enjoy your day,

Calvin

Cap Parlier said...

Good morning to you, Calvin,
Exactly! Clearly, the Republican Party failed, or perhaps the fBICP only cares about loyal votes in the House and could not care less about false and fraudulent candidates. Put this experience against other highly questionable candidates like Walker, Greene, Gaetz, Gosar, et al, and we begin to see a very troubling trend. Even the representative for our district, David Schweikert, has criminal conduct as a representative of We, the People, that has yet to be prosecuted, and he still gets re-elected despite my vote against him.

Yeah, today is the opening 118th Congress and the voting for Speaker. It should be a very interesting day. McCarthy’s duplicity in the BIG LIE disqualifies him in my book. But, the fBICP continues to elect these guys, and with each disgusting action, they move farther away from me. They do not care. They only care about power by any means that does not land them in prison, and even at that they are pressing the threshold. There are more of us than there are of them. We simply must vote and take control from that bunch.

The situation with SCOTUS is an entirely different matter. Unfortunately, we shall suffer the current bench for decades. While the majestic words of the U.S. Constitution Preamble should guide us, I have rarely seen those words quoted in SCOTUS rulings. To the fBICP, “domestic Tranquility” means the entire nation submits to their dicta, and the “Blessings of Liberty” are only those approved by the fBICP. I do NOT share their interpretation of the U.S. Constitution.

We failed to vote the fBICP into oblivion. We get another opportunity in a couple of years. VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!

Have a great day. Stay warm, dry, and safe. Take care and enjoy.
Cheers,
Cap