27 July 2020

Update no.967

Update from the Sunland
No.967
20.7.20 – 26.7.20
Blog version:  http://heartlandupdate.blogspot.com/

            To all,

            Short one this week.

            As I imagine everyone knows by now, Doctor Mary Lea Trump, PhD, 55, daughter of the Donald’s older brother, Fred Jr., wrote a recently published book titled Too Much and Never Enough about her uncle—our temporary employee who we installed in the Oval Office.  She is a clinical psychologist.  I am not likely to read the tome for several reasons, including the fact that type of book does not interest me, and I do not need more evidence to judge the subject of her exposé.  However, I would like to note that I have watched and listened to numerous of Mary’s interviews on various news and entertainment programs.  She is articulate, composed, unemotional, and cogent—traits that stand in stark contrast to her uncle, the Bully-in-Chief (BIC).  Mary is careful with her words and actually forms clear, cohesive, and persuasive sentences.  She also offers quite plausible explanations for the BIC’s destructive personality flaws.  Mary is infinitely more believable than the BIC for a wide variety of reasons.  Unfortunately, her explanations and illumination will do little to no good in awakening the BIC’s blindly loyal followers. Too Much and Never Enough has reportedly sold nearly a million copies in its first day of retail sales.  Good luck to Mary Trump.
            Just a little side note and not a news flash, for an author, it really helps sell books to have the right name at the right time.  I have yet to reach a million copies of any one of my books.  Oh well, such are the trials and tribulations of a struggling author.  Oh, one other note here, it would surely help my book sales if I was a huckster, snake-oil salesman like the vaunted BIC.  Sigh!  Heck, I still enjoy the writing process, and that is good enough for me.

            During an interview with the BIC broadcast on Wednesday’s Fox News Tucker Carlson program, the BIC felt compelled to divulge his incredibly magnificent cognitive test in 2019, reciting five words: person – woman – man – camera – TV.  He can remember and repeat those five words, in order no less . . . genius, I tell you, genius!  He must be the world’s, no wait, all of human history’s most intelligent person.  I will confess to a genuine feeling of sadness watching and listening to a man repeatedly deliver those five words in a halting delivery like he actually had to think about those five words.  Human disintegration is never pleasant to watch even in a man with despicable personality flaws.  Yet one more proof: the man is delusional and totally disconnected from reality.  Doctor Sanjay Gupta, MD, asked the salient question, why did he need that cognitive test in 2019?  Spot on, Sanjay!  We do not know the answer precisely; however, it is quite likely and understandable that someone, or some group of someones, were concerned about his cognitive stability.

            For those who might be interested, I just finished my next novel . . . well, the writing part.  Now, the hard part begins—editing and preparing the submittal package.  Well, actually, the hardest part is selling; I am a terrible salesman.  If I am lucky, this book might be released by the end of the year.
            The book is provisionally titled Heaven on Earth.  The publisher ultimately decides these things.  The book deals with a very sensitive societal issue—psychotropic substance consumption.  The story sprang from my long evolving belief that the so-called war on drugs is unacceptably destructive in more ways than I care to count.  The underlying premise of the story is prohibition is never a viable or successful path in a free society.  We learn that lesson the hard way in the 1920s; we have yet to re-learn that lesson today.  We will sacrifice our rights to impose prohibition on everyone, or we will find a better way that protects our rights.  Our ancestors learned those hard lessons when they attempted to prohibit alcohol.  We have spent 50 years and billions, perhaps trillions, of dollars attempting to eradicate demand for psychotropic substances, and we have nothing to show for that effort.  Heaven on Earth offers a notional better approach to deal with the demand for those drugs.  Prohibition will not and has never worked until we give up our freedoms to the state.  Freedom of choice and every citizen’s fundamental right to privacy are far too precious to be frittered away in some lame attempt to impose social conservative morality on everyone.  Heaven on Earth may not and probably is not the answer, but it should suffice as food for thought, debate, and consideration.  I will issue a proper release statement when the book is published.  All comments, reviews, opinions, and thoughts are welcome—good, bad, or ugly.

            Comments and contributions from Update no.966:
Comment to the Blog:
“The Chump and his family have taken criminality to a new level, but we knew that.
“Apparently, the White House conflicts with Dr. Fauci have reached marketing.  Fauci’s recommendations have largely gone ignored for some time now.  It wouldn’t be like Chump to respect others’ expertise.
“Your faith in ‘We, the People’ as an actual force is touching.
“Your comparison of Chump versus Fauci to Pope Urban VIII versus Galileo crystallized the terms for my ‘thinking about thinking’ question.  The ends of my spectrum for what human minds seek are authority (leading or following) and understanding.  The exemplars of that are ‘true’ academics (including scientists) for the understanding end of the spectrum and the Chump and similar personalities for the authority end.  We can call the people closest to the ends of the spectrum authoritarians or students.”
My response to the Blog:
            Indeed!  And worse, they have been enabled by far too many people.  We can only hope justice will eventually be done.
            Yeah, the BIC has waged an effective campaign to discredit the truth no matter what the source—Intelligence Community (IC), the Press, medical experts, judges, anyone and everyone who bares speak the truth.  I cannot tell whether he truly believes his gut feelings are the only real truth, but that is certainly how he acts.  The particular trait and phenomenon is exactly why I often quote George Orwell from Nineteen Eighty-Four: 
“War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength.”
“The choice for mankind lies between freedom and happiness and for the great bulk of mankind, happiness is better.”
“And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed — if all records told the same tale — then the lie passed into history and became truth.”
I could go on, but that should suffice.  The BIC desperately wants us to accept his truth as the only truth, and worse, he has been successful with 62M American citizens—that is not a trivial number, and they vote.
            Well, thank you, although I suspect you are being sarcastic.  Yes, I do have faith in We, the People, which is exactly why I persist in using the phrase.
            Interesting spectrum of thinking.  I see some validity in your representation.  However, there are always exceptions and deviations.  We see some of those departures in history—the phenomenon of 1933 Germany being an obvious example.
 . . . Round two:
“In regard to my spectrum of thinking, (A) it's a spectrum, not a pair of poles, and (B) how is 1933 Germany different?  They were looking for leadership.  Logic faded away.”
 . . . my response to round two:
            There were men of science, men of facts, who embraced the authoritarian dictatorship and some were part of the police state.  They existed at both poles.  Or perhaps you are suggesting that such men were in the middle between the poles.
 . . . Round three:
“No, I'm suggesting that people in all fields follow some approach between authority-seeking and scholarship.  There are plenty of examples of prominent scientists who clung to ideas contrary to new information, and occasional examples of people in power who responded to new information with new actions.  The examples I gave were simply fields where the contrast is often easy to see.”
 . . . my response to round three:
            Well said and agreed.  Thanks.

Another contribution:
“My God Cap-just read your first paragraph of the blog- what’s the word I’m looking for-mortification, that will do nicely.  I cannot believe the lengths of professional exhortation this man will attempt to impress you the people.  Well the impression was not a good one-well Americans, it’s your choice, you’ll be voting soon.”
My reply:
            Mortified is a very appropriate word descriptor.  Outrageous is another, but he will, once again, likely get away with his continuing offenses.  Yeah, November cannot get here soon enough.  We need to be rid of this fellow, and it needs to be an overwhelming, embarrassing defeat . . . and to hell with his bevy of sycophants as well.  Definitely not a good impression.  He has no dignity.

            My very best wishes to all.  Take care of yourselves and each other.
Cheers,
Cap                  :-)

2 comments:

Calvin R said...

Good morning, Cap,

I expect to read Mary Trump’s book Too Much and Not Enough as soon as I can do so for free. I like reading that type of experience-of-history writing. I’ve read Stormy Daniels’s book, for example. It’s a good autobiography as well as touching on how the Chump gets his way. I understand more about history from studying the people involved than I ever have from collections of names, dates, and numbers.

People often brag the loudest about things they feel the most insecure about. Surely the Chump’s cognitive abilities fit that category.

We’re in complete agreement about the futility of and the damage caused by prohibitions of addictive substances. How society can reduce the harm caused by addiction is an open question, but prohibition doesn’t work. In fact, marijuana specifically grows on its own in my part of the country. It’s even easier to produce than alcohol, so it’s even more pointless to ban. Let us know when your book is available.

Enjoy your day,

Calvin

Cap Parlier said...

Good morning to you, Calvin,
I eagerly await your review of Mary’s book. My reasoning is undoubtedly flawed in that I am not attracted to one person’s rendition of her family experience other than her familial name, and I already know scads more about the BIC than I ever EVER wanted to know; I do not need more evidence of the BIC’s grotesque character flaws. Understanding the genesis of the BIC’s incapacity would be beneficial from a humanistic perspective, but I do not feel a compelling motivation. I read Story Daniels’ book [879] more to measure the author than one of the chapters. I do not feel the same need with Mary Trump.

Exactly! In the aviation biz, we always noted the quiet ones were the folks you needed to watch; they did not need to tell everyone how good they were. Their actions spoke for them.

I will let you know when the book is available. I would strongly encourage your feedback. More to follow.
Cheers,
Cap