13 March 2017

Update no.795

Update from the Heartland
No.795
6.3.17 – 12.3.17
To all,

            I cannot continue to harp upon the multitudinous faux pas of our illustrious commander-in-chief.  At least some Americans like and appreciate what he is doing and how he is acting.  After he dropped a huge bombshell without a sliver of evidence or substantiation [794], he has nearly disappeared from the Twitter-sphere and from any public statements, apparently content to let the Press and talking heads churn over his unfounded accusations.  I do not know how this is going to play out, but I do not have much to say at the time of this writing.  More to follow . . . I imagine.

            Comments and contributions from Update no.794:
Original instigator message:
 . . . to which I replied:
            Yes, Americans deserve better . . . the World deserves better.
 . . . with this follow-up comment:
“Indeed, how do you see it going? Or would it be wild speculation?  The man is plainly incapable, although yes, he does seem to attract followers.  But then regrettably those types do, as recent history can concur.”
 . . . along with my follow-up reply:
            Re: “how do you see it going?   I think things are going to get much worse before we might see the light at the end of the tunnel.
            Re: “Or would it be wild speculation?  Hard to be any wilder than the Donald is being.  He makes outrageous accusations and claims with ZERO evidence.  It is classic subterfuge and obfuscation.  Unfortunately, this man has a long history of such unacceptable behavior; he is unlikely to change.
            Re: “The man is plainly incapable.  My assessment of the man remains clearly stated and unchanged.
            Re: “he does seem to attract followers.  Yes, he most certainly does . . . more than a few.  The measure of his support is a direct reflection of the level of anger, dissatisfaction and demands for change in a large chunk of our citizenry.  I see highly intelligent, informed citizens latching onto an extraordinarily flawed man to remedy their profound dissatisfaction with the performance of the federal government.
            I have a long, proclaimed dissatisfaction with the federal government, and I have articulated that dissatisfaction in the Update over all the years this humble forum has been in existence.  I want change, but apparently I am not angry enough.  I actually want him to be successful, to smack the professional politicians up’side the head, to induce change.  Regrettably, the initial signs are not positive to that end.  I remain guardedly optimistic that somehow the grand strategy will appear and yield results.
            Semper vigilans. 

Comment to the Blog:
“In an interesting parallel, I have driven a Grand Caravan from Holbrook, Arizona, to Mesa. Route 260 from Heber-Overgaard to Kohl’s Ranch was easily the most beautiful stretch of road I’ve ever driven. Of course, we were not coping with a storm. The weather was sunny and the scenery the most awe-inspiring I have experienced. I have also driven through the dust-mud-rain sequence, but the mud was brief for me. I’m glad you came through unharmed. That’s one of the lesser-known hazards of the desert.
“There is, I think, a specific clinical term for most of Trump’s accusations. That is psychological projection https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection, not to be confused with ‘moral projection.’ The psychology term describes the denial of unconscious impulses or qualities in oneself while attributing them to others. That seems to me to fit Trump’s various accusations exceptionally well. (Come to think of it, that could be a factor in moral projection as well.)
“We have discussed surveillance before. I imagine most prominent Americans are monitored to some degree. The spy agencies sought and got that power years ago, and it’s hard to imagine them having it without using it. Whether Trump was singled out is hard to say, but if he was monitored via FISA he should have kept his mouth shut about it. That would mean an investigation was under way and a warrant had been issued for the surveillance.
“Another of your contributors may be trying to single me out for criticism. He seems so intent on using specific phrases and putting forward specific, obscure ideas that I could not achieve any clear notion of his point.
“I study the reliability of my news sources. It’s not especially difficult, and it’s important to have a clear estimate of whether my choice of news sources base their statements on real facts. I listened to Rush Limbaugh long enough to determine that his ‘facts’ mostly lack verifiable sources and that his logic is not logical according to the standards of debate. He and others like him, regardless of placement on the political spectrum, do not get my attention. I wind up using historically sound, mostly mainstream sources known to check their own and others’ statements. There are a few others that I follow up myself before I repeat their stories. Just because a story fits my beliefs and desires does not make it true. The same applies to everyone.”
My response to the Blog:
            Interesting parallel, indeed.
            Re: “Psychological_projection.  Quite so, it seems to me, and yes, I also agree that phenomenon may well play into moral projection, as I describe it.
            As I wrote, I cannot discount Trump’s accusation simply because of what has happened as a consequence of the Bush 43 administration’s application of the USA PATRIOT Act of 2001 [PL 107-056; 115 Stat. 272; 26.10.2001], and its successor renewal and related bills.  My gut tells me he is simply lashing out with any outrageous deflection that pops into his consciousness and might find traction for him and his Russia connection; however, I remain highly skeptical.  He may be stretching information that some of his conversations were recorded . . . because he was talking to someone under surveillance by a FISA authorized warrants . . . too bad, he has NO protection.
            I cannot speak for other contributors.
            Re: “news sources.  The Intelligence Community (IC) must constantly evaluate their sources.  Virtually every bit of information is assessed by the source’s reliability and accuracy, whether independent sources corroborate the information.  The techniques work for assessing public information sources as well.  Further, the language gives us clues with respect to fact, or opinion, or biased perspective.

Another contribution:
“So Trumps reaction to phone tapping is paranoia yet the Democrats continual insistence on Trump/Putin relations is NOT?  Haaaaa!  Cap, you do have a way with your ‘Kings English’ and manipulation of words .. but your statements are hilarious!!  Don't you see the shadow DEMS are doing everything they can to continually create distractions to try to keep Trump from focusing on his work !! It's in that horrific Hillary's words .. DEPLORABLE, and just plain disrespectful .. most of America is sick and tired of it and I think this shadow government, including it's assistance from that reptile George Soros, is going to come to a screeching halt .. justice will prevail and Trump will rightfully get to perform his duties and help this country.  I see now that you see nothing wrong with the way our country was headed .. you are a true Commie-fornian (Californian).. I never realized you had your head that far into the sand .. scary really..”
My response:
            Whoa, easy now, I have never been a partisan or affiliated with any political party, and I am not now.
            Re: “continually create distractions.  I am gobsmacked!  shadow DEMS” really?  And, I presume you believe everything . . . EVERYTHING . . . the Donald says is absolute, undisputable truth?  Aren’t you even slightly skeptical of his unsubstantiated accusations?  He has consistently, repeatedly, and persistently spouted off with wild accusations with no evidence, no supporting information . . . not even clues as to the veracity of his statements, over many years.  It sure appears from the available evidence that it is the Donald who is continually creating distractions . . . and that is an impartial, critical assessment based only on facts . . . not political partisanship.  What leads you to believe him?
            Re: “Trump will rightfully get to perform his duties.  I truly wish he would.  We all need him to be successful.  I have been critical of every president since my school days.  I shall be critical of this president as well.
            Re: “you are a true Commie-fornian (Californian).  Oh my!  Unfounded name calling, really?  We cannot intellectually disagree and maintain a vigorous debate over issues of our times without personal insults?  If you wish to close our discussions, just say so; I’m a big boy, I can handle rejection; but, insults are beneath you.

            My very best wishes to all.  Take care of yourselves and each other.
Cheers,
Cap                        :-)

No comments: